Monday, January 7, 2008

Greetings to all.

Well here it is, the first of what I hope to be many blog entries. Entries which I hope will make people laugh or think (if not only for a second or two) or maybe both. Let me begin by saying that even though this blog is in English I hope that I will be forgiven for any grammatical errors. English is my second language and I'm pretty sure that I will eventually have some English major, teacher or someone that just likes to knit pick (like me) find some kind of mistake in my use of the English language. Sorry. Now that we've gotten that out of the way lets get to the nitty gritty. The reason that I've decide to start posting a "blog" is really quite simple, an extremely good friend (you know who you are, much love!) told me I should. Not just for the simple reason that I'm full of hot air most of the time but because I see or should I say notice things that make me stop and wonder. Therefore, I figure that I will be able to annoy much more people with the help of this medium than I would be able to do on my own. Isn't technology wonderful? Now in order for me not to just bounce around from random subject to random subject I will try to keep all my posts related somehow. After a little bit of thought I figured the easiest way to accomplish this would be to post things that I hear, see, or experience around the city I grew up in, Pomona, California. I was born and raised here and if not for an extended stint in the military I have lived my entire life here. Now even though the city keeps changing both externally and internally whether it be due to the destruction of and construction of new buildings or just the changing of the city's council members, if you're not paying attention to certain things I can guarantee that you will be surprised when you actually do notice a change. It's the only constant, right? Anyway, since most of these posts will relate to the city I must admit one thing. I do not involve myself in any of the city's meetings. I never go and I honestly believe that I would be bored to death if I sat there listening to 'politicians". Shameful I know but ignorance is bliss (there's another piece of wisdom). So at anytime I write something that sounds like I don't have the slightest idea of what I'm talking about please feel free to educate me (tactfully please). Though for the most part I'm sure these posts will be more about small things that I notice around the city I love. With that being said allow me to begin to wrap this up. I'm sure that I have forgotten to mention a thing or two in this post but this is just the beginning to what I hope will be a very fruitful blog. So enough already, let's run this thing up the flag pole and see who salutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When will you be posting again?